Monday, August 18, 2014

Year of 31

It's only 2.5 hours away from my 31st birthday!

I liked having a "year of 30" list last year, but I want to keep it simple/accomplishable/affordable this year. So my goals for this next year of my life are measurable and trackable:



  • mise-en-place my life; get organized and then keep organized. Prepare things in advance (budget/meal plan/etc.) so that they are easy because I have all the pieces. 
  • Take the PPP, SPD and SD exams (half way through).
  • Build and take care of raised beds in front of my house (watering/weeding/thinning).
  • Create a budget every month and stick to it. 
  • Experiment in the kitchen. Cook meals, look at plating and presentation (take photos!)
  • Develop an exercise habit (experiment to find what works for me)
  • Get and keep kitchen organized (spice shelves, base cabinet organizers, back of door organizers)
  • Paint living room, kitchen and bathroom, touch up bedroom. These could be done in a weekend!
  • Connect more with friends and family (I just used Skype yesterday to catch up with an old friend. Chatting via video is amazing! I used it again to talk to a friend who recently moved and who I haven't seen in a long time and it felt like we were just chatting like normal face to face. Yay technology!)
  • Have more fun. This one is not so measurable (unless I have a daily calendar where I track the fun-ness of my day). But really just doing more things I enjoy, exploring nearby nature, finding ways to entertain myself that aren't too expensive. The last year was pretty stressful and I would really prefer to focus on enjoying life than stressing about it!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment