Saturday, August 17, 2013

Things to do in Salem Oregon

Growing up we weren't allowed to be bored, that seems to have stuck with me! This doesn't even take into consideration all the things you could be learning/doing on your own which I won't get into cause everyone has different interests :) I've lived here for getting close to 2 years. I moved here from NYC (though I grew up in Beaverton) my main frustration has been finding things to do... so I've been assembling a list and decided to share my findings/ideas. I will update it when I find out about new things!

RESOURCES
VOLUNTEERING

ACTIVE

ARTS

COMMUNITY

DIY
  • U-pick some fruit during the summer/fall
  • Swap some homemade jam at the Cherry City Food Swap
  • Paint a ceramic or try your hand at glass fusing at Create-a-Memory My favorite part is that you can leave unfinished things for up to 6 months and come back again and again to work on it. So if you want to take your time and do something intricate you won't have a time cut off!
  • Take a pottery class at Willamette Art Center
  • Get creative at DIY Studio

ENTERTAINMENT

FOOD AND DRINK

LEARNING

MINGLE-ING

SHOPPING




No comments:

Post a Comment