Sunday, August 25, 2013

#1 Attend a UU service in Salem

With the invitation from a new friend we went to the service this morning. It was nice to go, and be a part of a service and it made me think more about wanting kids and wanting to take them to church and be a part of a community. I feel like I yearn for community... I had trouble finding it in NYC because it was just such a big city and it seemed like in order to get involved in things I always had to travel. I want community in my back yard. Well the church is only about a 15 minute drive from where I live now, so that's really not that bad.

The service was done by a visiting minister, I believe that is a tradition in the UU church over the summer. I would like to go again when the minister of the church is speaking. I really enjoy sermons and how they give me something to think about. I think I would enjoy getting that on a weekly basis - as well as a place to practice singing, though it will take some time to learn the songs of this new church that are not the same as the church I grew up in.

That's one more thing I can cross off the bucket list for the Year of 30, but like anything, it is leading to more  thoughts/ambitions/etc. for me to do in the future. I've only been 30 for about a week though so I don't want to add anything else to my already long list! We'll just see where my time/journey takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment