Check it out
The calendar year is coming to an end soon, but I still have 10 months until the end of my year of 30! Revisiting my list though, I've decided there are a few things that just won't be in the budget, or I have changed my priorities on, so here is an updated Year of 30 list.
- Attend a UU service in Salem
- Go apple picking
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
- Grind my own flour
- Make fresh bagels (http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/09/bronx-worthy-bagels/)
- Make cheese (need to get the kit)
- Spend a weekend at the beach house alone
- Run a 10K, Goal time: 1:20 (train with Laura?)
- Camp at Silver Falls State Park
- Hike at Drift Creek Falls
- Go to Multnomah Falls, hike all the way to the top
- Kayak or Canoe on a lake (with Charlotte? Mom?)
Do the Portland Bridge Pedal, August second weekend, with B&C and Judy & Bob (train longer bike rides!)Biking hurts my butt, and I think I'd rather focus on running. After my spill over the railroad tracks earlier this year, I haven't really wanted to bike much.
- Visit The Oregon Garden
- Draft Chocolates website, up and running and email address for people interested
- Write a letter to/from my future self. Imagine who I am 10 years from now, what my life is like. What I am like, mentally, physically, what do I enjoy, where am I living? This will be a good new years activity, especially since it's a weeknight and we'll probably just stay home cozying up with the puppy :)
- Get a voice lesson (8/17/2013 emailed a craigslist post)
- Make a homemade dinner for my mom
Go to rock climbing gym in Portland (go with Kaley?) (got Bouldering coupon, expires in November)For our work Fall Event day we went rock climbing yesterday (11/22/2013) it was awesome and I would love to go again/more! Might be looking into local options like the Kroc center
- Sew a dress for myself, one I can wear to work (meetings) Just went through my fabric trying to downsize my collection, got me excited again about thinking about sewing something! Time to clear some table space!
- Finish (3) paintings (owl, ___, ___ )
- Peacock Lane or
- Go to Buffalo Wild Wings with Nitin and Tyler & Matt
- Go to Saturday Market in Portland
- Go strawberry picking and make freezer jam
- Send a letter to Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Kayanna, Erin, Marissa, Laura, Aimee, Dan & Deb, Mark & Ali
- Design a “dream” small (tiny) house
and build a physical model of itA Sketchup or Revit model will do the trick for now.
- Visit Pringle Creek
, potentially get involved
- Go to a Salem Food Swap
Attend a Toastmasters meeting - possibly get involvedPerhaps another time, I have too much on my plate to get involved in something new!
- Build a self watering container garden or
plant things in a community gardenI'm realizing plants just aren't a priority right now... when I have a house of my own then I'll get into gardening. Meanwhile, focusing on other things!
- Bake something fresh for breakfast and bring to work (bagels maybe?)
- Take an Archery Lesson http://pacificcrestarchery.com/contact/ (Keizer) Saturdays at 9 or 9:30am $25 for 30min
- Make and decorate sugar cookies (royal icing with patterns, details)
- Spend a weekend in Springfield helping out with B&C’s garden
- Go snowboarding on
Mt. Hood orwith B&C at Willamette PassIt's more about going with my brother and sister-in-law than where we go. Hopefully when we visit our mom in Bend we'll be able to go. Dang lift tickets are expensive!
- Paint a serving bowl at Create-a-Memory (can take my time with it) (Thinking about getting started on that soon, I'd like to be able to pop in over a period of time to create a masterpiece... or perhaps as a Christmas gift for a family member like I did the mug for the boyfriend last year)
Go snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor(see #36 above, hopefully will get to go, but it's danged expensive to get there and get a lift ticket. At least I don't need to rent gear!)
- Camp at Champoeg State Park
- Do a Whole 30 (one month, whole food, no sugar, no booze) (planned for Sept 2013
)Failed at doing a Whole30, looking at trying to just simplify my life/relationship with food. Starting with another "no soda" month in December, I've been going a little crazy at work the last 2 months.
- Go to Chocolate Fest in January! Bring cash, a good amount, so I can buy lots! (Planning to go with my friend to celebrate her birthday! Saving the boyfriend from having to tag along like he did last year, bless him :P)
Host a holiday (Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter just cause?)I hosted Christmas last year, this year with holidays falling on weekdays, and my boyfriend and I both working on the days before and after, it's not a good year to host.
- Go shooting with Matt
- Visit the Portland Zoo
- Attend a Beer festival in Portland
- Have a Lord of the Rings marathon party with LOTR inspired food! (do when it’s cold out)
Get haircut from HeidiGet a hair cut, I usually wait way too long and as much as I'd love to get my hair cut by a friend, driving to Portland on a weekday is just not something I want to do. Besides, that's like a half a tank of gas!
- Get legs waxed for the first time ever (need to find a good local place and give it a go!)
Send a care package to Kayanna(Done, she loved it!)
- Buy and try out food grade silicone mold making for chocolates
- Make chocolates and send to: Farm, Kayanna, Mark & Ali, Dan & Deb, Jeff & Dayna,
- Buy all new socks and underwear (got some from my mom for my birthday 8/16/2013, still need to throw out the old ones and take an inventory!)
- Get something lasercut at Ponoko (possibly cards?)
- Get $1000 in online savings account for emergency fund (no touching!)
- Take SPD & SD exams, (retake) PPP (Jan/Feb)
- Do chocolate making Kickstarter, develop a look, Kickstarter specials, early bird specials (Success as of 10/25/2913!)
- Road trip to Vancouver BC with Laura & Matt Passport will be expiring soon, will need to renew in the new year and Matt needs to get his.
Roast a Heritage Turkey (brine it!)(This is the plan for Thanksgiving! Getting my brine prepared this weekend 11/23/2013) Great Success! 11/28/2013
- Go to Breitenbush Hot Springs (http://www.breitenbush.com/
- Treat myself to a spa day (Still really want to do this, but I don't know when I'll be able to afford it. I'll be keeping an eye on Groupons!)
Hotel for a night or weekend in Portland with Matt, walking to restaurants and museums (be tourists!) Ace Hotel, or Jupiter Hotel(no monies, this could change though) Take a class (OCAC? Chemeketa? UO? Willamette? ADX?)Took a 2 day class, Entrepreneurship 101, really enjoyed it, don't have time to devote to a full on class but perhaps someday. Maybe something online so it can work with my work/chocolate schedule.
- Get “Happy Camper” tattoo
still want, might need to save up until my 31st birthday though!Would rather spend that money on going to Hawaii!
- Buy a pair of quality running shoes PRIORITY!