Monday, January 21, 2013

W1D1

I just completed Week 1 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K plan!

At the 5k I got my family to do for Thanksgiving, my step sister won free entry to the Summer Solstice 5k but she lives in Delaware so it wouldn't have been very useful to her! I traded her the gingerbread house kit that I won in the raffle. My goal is to run the whole thing. I have done a 5k and run part of it, and I've done a 10k and walked most of it. The 5k that I actually ran most of though was way back in 2006!

Last night I made some Moroccan Chicken in the slow cooker and I woke up this morning to a house filled with the aroma of cooking chicken, raisins and cinnamon. I picked up some garbanzo beans and couscous which it was missing when I had it for lunch today. Also I made banana bread last night. It's so nice to have a home full of food! I have written up a budget and I will be cooking much more at home to save money. When I did a rough budget following the Dave Ramsey baby steps it will take me about 4 years to pay off my student loans and have a 3-6 month emergency fund and that's *before* I start saving up for the down payment! By then I should have a higher income... I hope. And eventually my boyfriend will finish school and find a job and we'll have more earning power together! Yay! Meanwhile... rice and beans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment